* Review of the best according to the editors of ecdfburma.org. About the selection criteria. This material is subjective, is not an advertisement and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.
The advantages of vinyl wallpaper are well known to domestic builders and users. Dense canvases hide minor defects of the base, while the range is amazing. But to reliably adhere these heavy wallpapers, high-quality glue is required. Many manufacturers produce compositions for various modifications of vinyl. Some of them have universal qualities, others have a narrow specialization. Professional builders recommend taking into account several nuances when choosing glue for vinyl wallpapers.
How to choose a glue for vinyl wallpaper
- It is easier for novice masters to take their first steps in the finishing sphere with the help of universal glue. He forgives the beginner some mistakes, allowing him to successfully work with a wide range of vinyl wallpapers. Strengthen the adhesive ability of the universal composition, if necessary, by changing the proportion in the direction of reducing the volume of water. This will result in a more viscous mass that will hold heavy canvases well. The reverse side of the coin is an increased consumption of glue.
- Adhesive Properties are largely determined by the basis. More affordable mixtures are obtained on the basis of modified starch. And the maximum permeability in the structure provides methyl cellulose, but its presence in the composition increases the cost of the product.
- Adhesive additives. Vinyl wallpapers feel great in wet rooms (kitchens, bathtubs, bathrooms). In this case, the glue must contain bactericidal additives that will prevent the appearance of mold or fungus.
- Environmental friendliness. Some manufacturers use chemical compounds in the process chain, which are far from harmless to humans. First of all, this glue has a sharp unpleasant odor. Some people may have an allergy when the skin comes in contact with glue. Such products are not recommended for use in children's rooms, as well as in health facilities.
- PH value. After drying, some types of glue may turn yellow. Such formulations can be detected by pH. If it is below 7, then after the seam has dried, yellowness will appear. Glues with a pH greater than 10 can boast transparency.
- Cooking and Curing Time. Such factors as cooking time and solidification will also be important in the work. If the principle “the faster the better” is appropriate for the first parameter, then not everything is so simple with the second. Beginning finishers require a certain amount of time to adjust the strip, in which case ease of sliding will come to the fore.
- When choosing glue, price plays one of the main roles. But it is also necessary to remember the consumption of the composition. Only then will it be possible to make a bargain.
Our review got the best adhesives for vinyl wallpaper. Determining the winners of the rating, the opinions of experts and consumer reviews were taken into account.
Rating of the best adhesives for vinyl wallpaper
|Nomination||a place||Name of product||price|
|The best universal adhesive for vinyl wallpaper||1||KLEO TOTAL||385 ₽|
|2||Metylan Vinyl Premium with indicator||280 ₽|
|3||KLEO Smart Vinyl Line Premium||170 ₽|
|4||Moment Vinyl||139 ₽|
|The best adhesive for paper-based vinyl wallpapers||1||Axton Vinyl||171 ₽|
|The best glue for vinyl wallpaper on a non-woven basis||1||QUELYD SPECIAL VINYL||229 ₽|
|2||PUFAS Spezial Vinyl||128 ₽|
The best universal adhesive for vinyl wallpaper
Universal types of glue are best suited for non-woven or paper based vinyl wallpapers. The choice of such a product is justified when the type of wallpaper is unknown or in one room there will be a combination of different paintings. Experts advise you to pay attention to the following compounds.
For a wide range of wallpapers KLEO TOTAL glue is intended. The composition has a number of advantages, thanks to which it becomes the winner of the rating. Experts first of all note uniform mixing with water without lumps and bubbles. It does not take long to wait for full readiness, only 5 minutes. The finished solution is applied to the base, forming a smooth and slippery coating. Therefore, the masters do not have problems with adjusting the wallpaper strip. The glue is great for gluing wallpaper with butt-to-wall method. The product has good adhesion, which allows you to work on both perfectly smooth and porous surfaces.
Users are satisfied with the safety of the adhesive for people, after drying it becomes transparent. The manufacturer sells the material in packages of 500 g, with two bags inside.
- fast and quality cooking;
- reliable fixation;
- smooth and slippery surface;
- good adhesion.
- not detected.
Metylan Vinyl Premium with indicator
Metylan Vinyl Premium adhesive with indicator has universal qualities. It holds vinyl wallpapers well, both on paper and non-woven. Due to the special color additive, the master can visually determine how well the working solution is applied. As the glue dries, it becomes transparent. In addition to the indicator, antifungal supplements are also included. Experts note the instant mixing of dry matter with water (20 seconds). After 3 minutes, the gel-like mass is ready for application.
The product takes the second line of the rating, giving way to the winner in several aspects. Users note a quick drying time, which makes the wizard rush. In addition, the glue consumption is slightly higher than indicated in the instructions.
- color indicator;
- resistance to biodefeat;
- quick cooking;
- good adhesive ability.
- flow rate above specified;
- dries very quickly.
KLEO Smart Vinyl Line Premium
With different modifications of vinyl wallpaper, KLEO Smart Vinyl Line Premium glue can work. The product is able to hold even heavy strips. The composition contains various ingredients, including an antiseptic. It prevents mold and fungi from appearing in the glue line. The composition of the rating leaders is somewhat inferior in terms of preparation time (7 minutes), and the shelf life of an opened packet is limited to 10 days. Experts pay attention to the harmlessness of the material, which allows finishing in children's and medical institutions.
Users most often praise KLEO Smart Vinyl adhesive for easy joint adjustments and uniform mixing with water. But for heavy vinyl, masters do not recommend using this composition.
- homogeneous mixing;
- leaves no traces on the wallpaper;
- limited strength;
- high consumption.
A reasonable combination of price and quality has the German glue Moment Vinyl. The product is made in Russia, due to which it was possible to offer the buyer an affordable price. The basis for creating the product is a mixture of methyl cellulose and starch. One pack of 250 g will be enough to glue 5-6 tubes of light wallpaper. In this case, the foundation must be well prepared. Cooking time (15 min) for this glue is longer than for products from the top three in the rating. After preparation, the solution can be stored in a closed container for up to 10 days.
Russian consumers note the availability and economical consumption of glue, it does not have a pungent odor, and mixing with water occurs without the formation of bubbles and lumps. Only some people are allergic to the composition.
- low price;
- economical consumption;
- long stored ready.
- individual intolerance;
- It takes a long time to prepare.
The best adhesive for paper-based vinyl wallpapers
Specialized adhesive for paper-based vinyl wallpapers is characterized by increased viscosity and excellent adhesion. It can also be used for pasting paper paintings, although economically it will not be very profitable. The rating presents the best product.
The most flattering reviews come from builders at Axton Vinyl. This has become a key factor for inclusion in the rating. Its scope is paper-based vinyl wallpaper. Experts drew attention to the excellent adhesive ability. It is only important to strictly adhere to the manufacturer's recommendations regarding the proportions of dry mix and water. If you go too far with water, then troubles like peeling off wallpaper and biodefeat can appear. To avoid the formation of lumps, masters advise to pour the composition in small portions into the water with continuous stirring.
High quality pasting is impossible without preliminary preparation of the base. Due to the smooth and sliding surface, it is possible to timely correct the position of the strip.
- quick cooking (3 min);
- good adhesive ability;
- economical consumption;
- affordable price.
- not detected.
The best glue for vinyl wallpaper on a non-woven basis
Since for non-woven wallpaper, the substrate is made of cellulose, the adhesive composition must have special polymer binders. Then the glue will have low hygroscopicity and water resistance. Professional finishers helped select the best products.
QUELYD SPECIAL VINYL
A wide range of non-woven vinyl wallcoverings can be glued using QUELYD SPECIAL VINYL glue. Relief, foamed, and structural modifications fall into this category. The swelling time of the dry mixture dissolved in water is 15 minutes. One of the main advantages of the composition, according to experts, is the high moisture resistance of the adhesive joint. Therefore, wallpapering is allowed to be made in kitchens and bathrooms.
Users praise QUELYD SPECIAL VINYL glue for its bonding strength, reliable protection against biodefeat, and the possibility of gluing rooms with high humidity. Only the consumption in practice is higher than the specified calculation in the instructions. There are some difficulties with mixing lumps when manual mixing is performed.
- ease of use;
- strong grip;
- resistance to biodefeat;
- lack of smell.
- consumption is higher than indicated.
PUFAS Spezial Vinyl
The composition of PUFAS Spezial Vinyl is not inferior to the winner of the rating in adhesive abilities. He can cope with various modifications of vinyl wallpaper. Masters like the ease of sliding the strip of wallpaper on the applied adhesive layer. A unique selection of ingredients allowed the German manufacturer to create a product with high cureability. Quickly enough, the dry mixture turns into a ready-made solution (5 min), and it can be stored in finished form for up to 1 month. During operation, do not be afraid of getting a gel-like mass on the front surface of the wallpaper, because after drying the glue becomes transparent.
In the process of applying, users note the presence of an unpleasant odor, so the composition takes the second place in the rating.
- good adhesive ability;
- quickly dissolved in water;
- transparency of the glue line.
- difficult to apply on wallpaper;
- high consumption.
Attention! This rating is subjective, is not an advertisement and does not serve as a guide to the purchase. Before buying, you need to consult with a specialist.